Tranquility® Glazing System
Loewen windows offer above-average sound attenuation, the result of our thick glass and superior fit and finish. For problem applications, we’ve developed an upgraded glazing system that offers even better sound transmission performance.
Tranquility® Glazing Systems greatly reduce sound transmission into or out of the room in which they are installed.
- Tranquility® Glazing Systems consist of a 1/4″ (6 mm) pane of glass on the exterior, a 13/16″ (21 mm) air or argon filled space, and a 7/32″ (6.5 mm) pane of laminated glass on the interior.
- Tranquility® Glazing is available on all Loewen products that can be made in a triple glazed configuration.
- Operating casement units test out at STC40 (no storm panel is required to achieve this rating).
- Laminated glass used in the sealed unit provides increased security.
- Tranquility® provides approximately the same thermal performance as Heat Smart® Plus 1.
- The laminated glass used in Tranquility® helps to filter out damaging ultraviolet rays.
Tranquility® Glazing offers solutions to traffic and other urban noise, and can even effectively combat noise pollution in airport “sound footprints.”
Sound Transmission Coefficient (STC)
The STC rating is a way to measure the performance of a glazing system using a single number that represents the Sound Transmission Loss performance over a range of frequencies. The higher the number, the greater the noise reduction.